Search This Blog

Friday, 2 May 2014

Five For Friday - Weekly Recap

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.ca/2014/05/five-for-friday-linky-party-may-2.html 

Well, friends, it's Friday again!  Here is a recap of my week!
 This week, my sister and I started making our mom's Mother's Day present.  We are making a birthday calendar for all the people in our extended family.  Here is a work in progress:
When we finish, I'll post a picture of the completed calendar.
 On Wednesdays,  I have dinner with my parents, my sister, and my nephew.  This week, when I got to my parents' house, I was surprised with a visit from my Aunt Cheryl.  She lives in Alberta (I'm in BC) and I don't get to see her often, so it was a nice treat!
 Yesterday, I signed up for the Victoria Goddess 10K Run.  It will be held on June 1 (my birthday weekend!) and several family members (mom, aunts, cousins) will be doing it together with me.  I haven't done a 10K before, but I'm excited for the challenge!
 Yesterday was such a beautiful day here in Victoria.  Temperatures reached 33 degrees!  I even got a sunburn.  What a way to begin May :)
Yesterday, a local college, Camosun, had an open house.  We took our grade 9's (all of them - 4 buses full!) to check out the programs.  As I was walking around the campus, I heard a scream from across the courtyard "Ms. Wiens!! What are you doing here!"  It was a student I taught a few years ago, and now he's in college!  I never know what happens to my kids once the school year ends, so it was so nice to see him succeeding (although it made me feel old to think about a former student is in college!).


That's all for now.  Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Your calendar picture has me very curious, I can't wait to see the final product.
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete