Search This Blog

Friday, 16 May 2014

Five for Friday - Weekly Recap

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.ca/2014/05/five-for-friday-linky-party-may-16th.html 
Happy long weekend, Canadian friends! I always love it when the May long weekend rolls around because it means 5 weeks left of school, and 2 weeks left until by birthday!!  

I'm linking up again with Doodle Bugs Teaching's Five for Friday.  Here's a look at my week.

 Last weekend, I was really sick.  My sister had planned a spa getaway for us to celebrate my birthday, and I was really scared I wouldn't be up to going, but by Sunday, I was feeling better enough to go.  It was very nice to get my nails done, soak in a heated mineral pool, and lounge around in a comfy robe!  It certainly made me feel better!
 My Grade 9's put the final touches on their poetry portfolios this week.  They've been reading and writing poetry for about a month and we are bringing it to a close.  Next week, we will start the LAST project of the school year!!  I'm so excited!
 My Grade 8's are finishing up their short story unit this week, and are also about to begin their last project for the school year.  Time is going by so quickly!
 Temperatures have been beautiful this week!  On Wednesday, it got up to 26 degrees, and yesterday was about 25!  It was a little tricky keeping my overheated students focused on school work, but we survived!
My puppy got a hair cut!  Here's Kasey, the most adorable dog in the world!



Have a fantastic long weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You are right- that is an adorable puppy! When you say 26 degrees are you talking about Celsius- cause 26 for me is below freezing!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! 26 Celsius - about 79 Fehrenheit! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete