Search This Blog

Friday, 9 May 2014

Five For Friday - Weekly Recap!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.ca/2014/05/five-for-friday-linky-party-may-9th.html

 Here we are again!  Another week has passed, and it's Friday already (6 teaching weeks left!).  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching's Five for Friday Linky Party!
 Last week, in my Five For Friday post, I showed you a work in progress for my mom's Mother's Day present.  My sister and I made a birthday calendar for her, based on a picture she saw on Pinterest.  I was so impressed with the finished product (and I got to use a power tool to drill holes in the wooden discs!)  Here is the completed calendar!

We colour-coded each family member by generation: our grandparents are the grey tiles, our parents/aunts/uncles are purple, we and our cousins are teal, and nephews/nieces are pink!  When we realized we have no February birthdays in the family, my sister started thinking about planning her next child to be a Febbie, just to complete the picture!

Here are some "Work-In-Progress" pictures:






 I started a Facebook page this week for my TpT store!  Visit it here!
https://www.facebook.com/oneteachersadventuresTpT

I am offering a giveaway to my Facebook followers!  Enter here to win 4 of my best selling ELA products!
Our school has been hosting Thai students for the past month on an exchange program.  I had to say good-bye to my student this week, but she left me with this beautiful gift!


Yesterday, I felt a sore throat coming on, and when I woke up this morning, I had completely no voice.  Add that to the fever that hit in the middle of the night and I am in bed on a sick day :(  Do you ever feel like it's just easier to go to work sick, rather than have to plan for a sub?  Thankfully, a good friend of mine was available to come in to sub for me today, and I can rest easy knowing that my kids will be taken care of!

That's all for now!  Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment