Search This Blog

Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Summer 2014 Bucket List

http://sparkingthemind.blogspot.ca/2014/05/summer-2014-bucket-list.html
With only 22 teaching days to go before summer, it's a great time to plan ahead to what I want to accomplish over the summer!  I thought I'd join Mind Sparks' Link-Up and add my own 2014 Bucket List!

#1 - Read!  My list is ever-growing, especially this week as my grade 8's and 9's started an independent novel study project.  I let them choose any book, and from the summaries they've been supplying, I am adding more and more books to my must-read list!

#2 - Explore the island!  I live on the beautiful Vancouver Island, and I really want to explore more than I have.  I'd love to do some day trips to Tofino, Parksville, Coombs, Cathedral Grove, etc.

#3 - Speak more French!  I have applied for a teacher bursary to the UVic program "La Maison Francaise."  It is a 5-week immersion program to help boost French speaking abilities.  I hope to get into the program, but even if I don't, I want t spend more time practicing my French.

#4 - Get outside!  I'd love to spend more time outside.  Whether it's just going for walks, or camping, or lying in the sun, I'd like to enjoy the great outdoors!

So, what's on your list?

1 comment:

  1. Diane,

    What a fun bucket list!! Your list is very similar to mine---read, spend time outs and explore!! Best of luck with your application acceptance to the UVic program!!

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete