Search This Blog

Friday, 22 August 2014

Five for Friday - A Recap of my Week

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.ca/2014/08/five-for-friday-linky-party-august-22nd.html
 
I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching's Five For Friday linky party.  Here is a recap of my week!
 My brother's in town!!  Before this week, I hadn't seen my brother for almost 2 years!  The last time I saw him was Christmas of 2012.  He lives in Calgary, and I live in Victoria.  Neither of us could afford to make the trip in the past couple years, but he's in town now with my sister-in-law and my beautiful niece, Nati!  I was so excited to see him, and I'm excited to go golfing with him and my dad tomorrow.

 


Me and my brother, Jason, at our sister's wedding in 2009.


 Tuesday was my mom's birthday.  We had a barbecue with my mom and dad; my sister, Teresa, brother-in-law, Jason, and nephew Caleb; my brother Jason (yes, they are both named Jason), sister-in-law, Mia, and niece, Nati; and my grandparents!  It was lovely to have everyone together, even though it was quite windy and our plates and napkins kept blowing off the table!

 Nati and Caleb are so cute together when they play.  They truly love each other as cousins and when they get together, they are best friends.  Except when Caleb takes a block from Nati.  I love this picture so much!  You can really see Caleb's joy and Nati's frustration. 

 

I love being an auntie! And I love when I get to see both Caleb and Nati together!  Luckily, my sister lives close by, so I see Caleb all the time - we have a weekly dinner at my parents' house every Wednesday - but Nati is his only cousin, and it's really great when they can see each other.


 Besides spending time with my family, I've been spending a lot of time this week making new clip art!  I have a new Back to School set and a Bear Buddies set that are both for sale in my TpT store.  Click on the images below for more info.  They are both selling for only $2.29.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Back-to-School-Clip-Art-1400355

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Bear-Buddies-Clip-Art-1404887

My next door neighbours are so sweet!  They are a retired couple and every morning they sit outside on their front porch and wish me a lovely day at work.  They leave me chocolates at my door on every holiday.  They invited me over to their place for a barbecue yesterday.  Their kids and grandkids (and one great grandkid!) were all there.  It's so nice to live in a friendly neighbourhood.  They also gave me 5 peaches off their tree.  Delicious!

 
How was your week?  Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment