Search This Blog

Thursday, 4 September 2014

A "Pinspiring" Week!

http://mrsplemonskindergarten.blogspot.ca/2014/09/positively-pinspiring-9314.html
I've been on Pinterest a lot this week (okay, okay, not just this week).  I usually tell myself I'll just go on for a minute or two, and an hour later I have 20 new pins and 100 new ideas!  I know I'm not alone in this, as Mrs. Plemons' Kindergarten is having Pinterest linky party! If you don't have an hour to spare, here are some finds I'd like to share, then head over to Mrs. Plemons' Kindergarten to see some more!


1. Using old calendars to practice descriptive writing.
This idea comes from 3rd Grade Thoughts and I absolutely love it!  Instead of throwing away old calendar photos, cut them apart and give one to each student.  The students needs to describe the photo using sensory details.  I can see this working for elementary and middle school writing classes!

2. Typographic Art.

This idea is beautiful!  Students use words to create a self portrait.  In the Pinterest picture, the words were cut from a magazine, but I can see expanding it to have kids write words over their images in specific colours, instead of colouring them in. (original pin found on graphictivitis.com)

3. Mint Cookie Ice Cream Cups.

Looks amazing!

4. Crayon Candles.


This looks so interesting.  I'm thinking this would make an excellent Christmas or Mother's Day gift for kids to take home.  It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to figure out...
(original pin on beautifulshoes.org)

5. Alphabet Kids Clip Art.
This is the new clip art set that I've made!  It has 4 images for each letter of the alphabet (2 colour, and 2 black and white)!  They can be used for classroom labels, word walls, name tags, etc.

What have you found that has "Pinspired" you?



1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the idea of using old calendars as writing prompts! I always feel so guilty for just throwing old calendars away (money spent and all the paper wastage). I'm pinning this to my clever ideas board for future reference :)

    Those crayon candles look pretty nifty too!

    Natalie,
    Tales From Miss D

    ReplyDelete