Search This Blog

Saturday, 5 April 2014

Welcome!

Hello!

I have been thinking about blogging for quite some time, and since it is a rainy Saturday afternoon here in Victoria, why not start now?

My plan for this blog is to share what I am doing in my classroom.  Now is an exciting time for education because so much change is coming our way.  I am trying to bring in new methods of teaching and learning to allow my students to really understand and think about the world around them.  I am constantly inspired by things that other teachers are doing, both in my school and around the world.  I love reading teacher blogs to see activities that worked (and activities that didn't work) and I hope that this blog will give ideas to other teachers to try in their classrooms.

A little about me:


  • I live just outside Victoria, BC in Canada.  I love it here on the island.  Most of Canada is experiencing second (or third) winter - and we had temperatures of 16 degrees yesterday!
  • I have wanted to be a teacher from as far back as I can remember.  My sister and I would come home from school and play school - taking turns being the teacher. 
  • I graduated from the University of Victoria in 2010.  
  • I was fortunate enough to get my first teaching contract in October 2010 - trust me it NEVER happens that fast.  (I was in the right place at the right time with qualifications to teach Secondary French.)
  • I have taught classes from Grade 4 - Grade 11, in all subject areas.  This year I am teaching Middle School humanities - Grade 8/9 English and Social Studies - which is my dream placement!
  • I am a proud auntie!  I have a 4 year-old nephew and an (almost) 5 year-old niece.  Watching them grow up is so much fun!
  • I sell resources on Teachers Pay Teachers (if you aren't a seller - you should be!)  Visit my store here. (Shameless promotion - I know!)

I'm excited to start this new adventure with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment